Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Festivities


This weekend was filled with friends, family and lots of food! It was a great birthday indeed! Mom and I headed to Art of Bread first thing Saturday morning for almond croissants, followed by a little shopping at Anthropologie. Saturday night, the boy and I made dinner (pork chops with walnut truffle risotto and a side of dandelion greens). Friends came over after for drinks and a slice of cake made by Erich. It was amazing!

Carrot cake with coconut icing and hazelnut brittle.


Sunday Erich took me to Talula's Garden for brunch.

They only had french press coffee, which we were definitely into!


Warm crab toast with roasted yellow beets, cucumber, bacon and greens.


Local sausage with over easy eggs, and mashed ramps.

Sunday evening, my parents took us to Jamonera for dinner, and sad to say everything came to the table looking so delicious that taking pictures was the last thing I wanted to do. I just wanted to eat it all up! And I did. Erich and I shared eggplant fries with tomato dipping sauce, pumpkin croquettes in a yummy sauce, fried calamari (friend in ink!) with garlic chips, and beluga lentils with bacon and sausage. For dessert I had the warm cinnamon brownie with peanut brittle, caramel and a toasted marshmallow. YUM! Erich ordered the chocolate mousse with gelato. Also very very good. Everyone should go to here soon. It's a small space, so make sure you make reservations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...