Monday, April 30, 2012

San Francisco...one bite at a time

I can't say much other than that, Erich and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of our vacation together in San Francisco.  The weather was unseasonably warm, we reunited with old lost friends, and got a taste or two or three of what it was like to live in San Francisco.  We are whole-heartedly ready to make our return!  Just last night we were riding the subway and he said to me, so should we should stay on this train and take it to JFK?  I knew he was joking, but I was genuinely into the idea!  Now to share some picts Erich took via his little iphone camera (pretty good shots surprisingly) and a few from mine.

First day we arrived, we stumbled upon a little spot in Hayes Valley that had some food trucks and then two permanent vendors, ritual coffee and smitten ice cream (they make ice cream to order with some sort of crazy scientific method!)


 Erich ordering at Ritual Coffee.  Smitten was on the other side; we had that another day.  The texture of the ice cream reminded me of board walk soft serve.  Not my preference.  I like the full fat ice cream if I am going to have it, but it was pretty cool to see the ice cream crystalize before you in just a few minutes.


Ritual Coffee machiato and treats.


 Inspiring mural near Ritual Coffee.


Sipping on some Jo after a long flight.

      We came back to this little park area quite a lot during our trip since it was close to our hotel, and a fun spot to have a snack and layout in the park.  After some food and coffee in our system, we hiked around San Francisco, and when I say hiked, I mean hiked!


Alamo Park.  Apparently we were right near the full house place and didn't even realize it!


Windy day on top of a hill, checking out the scenery.


 Neat fence, housing an even neater co-op/home grown produce garden.


     We stopped in a little french food grocer to see if we could spy our next meal.  The pickings look good, but when in San Francisco, one eats tacos instead!


C'est frommage!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...