Thursday, March 8, 2012

Philadelphia Flower Show


Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing the flower show thanks to my uncle. This year's theme was Hawaii. The displays were beautiful and made you want to board a plane on a tropical getaway immediately!




There was one section of the flower show that had a wall filled with tropical landscape scenes. From far away they look like paintings, but as we walked closer to the collection we noticed the strokes were flower petals meticulously placed to create a tropical landscape scene. AMAZING!

The photo on the right was part of a series of shadow box installations.




I love this little plant! It reminds me of when I used to watch smurfs when I was little.




I have never been to the flower show, so I can't compare this year to previous shows. Just know this year's show is amazing, and if you have time this week or weekend you should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...