Monday, October 8, 2012

Sunday Adventures

    Yesterday, we woke up and biked into Manhattan to go to the doughnut plant, and then find Erich some clothes.  There was a wonderful chill in the air as we rode through Brooklyn over the Williamsburg bridge into Manhattan.  It felt like true fall for the first time this year!  It was great!  


    Erich has been gushing about the doughnut plant for some time, but we never could get our act together to go until yesterday.  He ordered the tres leche cake doughnut.  I had one of the filled yeast doughnuts (peanut butter banana of course!).  We ordered the pistachio yeast doughnut to split.  It had  a wonderful citrus taste, which was a bit of a surprise.  After we finished the third, Erich looked over at me and said he wanted another.  I knew that was coming.  The final fourth doughnut we had was a coconut cream. Mmmmmm!  They were all so good that I decided I am going to come back and buy a dozen for my dad for his birthday in a few weeks.  He is going to love them!



    Our shopping trip ended up a bit soggy, but we trudged along and found Erich some clothes at J.Crew.  Then we headed over to Astor place and grabbed some lambrusco.  Erich got some special beers from whole foods, and then we headed home to make a special dinner.  We made sweet potato gnocchi from scratch and finished it off in a butter sage sauce with sausage.  I think this was the best gnocchi I have ever made.  I can't wait to have the leftovers!

Have a wonderfully delicious week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...