Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving

    The holidays came fast and furious this year as usual.  It seems like Thanksgiving was yesterday...I am always a bit bummed after Thanksgiving.  It's my favorite holiday, and I hate the thought of having to wait another whole year to celebrate!  I did not take very many pictures of my thanksgiving.  Now that I live in New York, when I return home I make rounds to visit family and friends, which is wonderful yet a bit exhausting. 

   Thanksgiving morning I headed over to make pie crust in Erich's mom's kitchen aid.  Oh how I cannot wait to own one of those one day!  Before we got down to pie crust making, we ate pumpkin cinnamon rolls via Miss Deb's recipe.  Found at the one and only, Smitten Kitchen.  (Have you bought the book yet?  It's amazing and makes the perfect holiday gift!)


Before frosting...


     
 
After!!!

    Then I attempted to make my first apple pie.  Usually my Uncle makes his infamous apple pie, but he was not feeling up to it this year, so I offered to fill the void.  I found a recipe for a salted caramel apple pie on A Cozy Kitchen blog, and I knew I had to make it.  (Recipe found here.)



   It turned out okay...but not great.  My family showered me with compliments, but I knew what they were thinking.  (I wish we eating Uncle John's pie...)  The apples did not cook through, the crust did not glisten, and the caramel did not caramelize.  Oh well.  It was my first pie.  I can't be too hard on myself.  Right?

   Full of thanks and food, I headed over to my second families household and to my surprise when I opened the door, Lea's friend was giving tarot card readings.  I had my cards read, and then I cuddled up with Izzy Fartalini.  Her last name describes what you may have guessed.  She toots.  A lot.


The little stinker sure is cute!

    Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are immersing yourselves in the holiday spirit and holiday festivities!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...